Sexual Assault Evidence
Collection Kits and Child Sexual Abuse Protocol Packets
These kits and packets are developed, assembled, and
distributed by the Coalition. Child packets include a coloring book explaining
what they can expect to go through during the exam and investigation. The
Coalition provides a companion video which details the proper collection of
Sexual Assault Medical Billing
Verification and Payment
As of July, 1995, the State of New Mexico
pays 100% of
the forensic medical exam per victim per year on bills resulting from rape
exams, evidence collection, or child sexual abuse exams. Up to $150 is paid on
medical costs not associated with evidence collection (injury repair,
medications, etc.). The Coalition sends packets with billing instructions to
medical providers throughout New
on how to obtain these payments. The bills and
verification forms are then sent to the Coalition where they are verified for
payable services. The verified bills are then paid by the Coalition through a
special Division of Mental Health fund.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
The Coalition annually obtains a proclamation from the
Governor designating May for awareness activities. Packets of awareness
materials are sent to all sexual abuse program coordinators in order for all
communities to have the opportunity to receive awareness programs. The Coalition
develops, prints, and distributes a brochure specifically for the Awareness
month which is sent in bulk to all coordinators for further distribution within
Sexual Abuse Information Brochures and
develops, prints and distributes several items.
On the back of many of the brochures is a current listing of all rape
crisis centers and mental health crisis line numbers of all community centers
throughout the state. The materials
Guide For Friends and Family of Sexual Violence Survivors (PCAR) - A
guide for family and friends of sexual assault survivors to understand
what the survivor may be going through.
- A Law Enforcement Guide for Working with Children with Autism, Intellectual and Communication Disabilities
- A guide for law enforcement for working with children with autism,
intellectual and communication disabilities authored by Scott J.
Modell, Ph.D. and Marcie Davis, M.S.
- Do Children Sexually Abuse Other Children? - A brochure about preventing sexual abuse among children and youth.
- From Victim To Survivor - An information brochure for victims of rape. (Available in Spanish)
- Incest Survivors: What Do I Do Now? - A brochure for adult survivors of childhood molestation.
- Lesbians and Sexual Assault - A brochure that discusses the special needs and issues of lesbians and sexual assault.
- Let’s Talk: Speaking Up to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse - A brochure about speaking up to prevent child sexual abuse.
- Male Victims Of Rape - An information brochure to let males know they are not alone and help is available.
Painful Past Experience - A guide to understanding the role of trauma
on our life, and the steps for overcoming the effects of trauma.
- Parent Empowerment - A guide to helping your child in the aftermath of sexual abuse.
- Posters: Male Involvement in Sexual Violence Prevention; Child Sexual Abuse Awareness, etc.
- Prevent Child Sexual Abuse - A brochure with facts about sexual abuse and how to prevent it.
- Protecting Children with Disabilities from Sexual Assault: A Parent’s Guide (click here Spanish version)
- Rape In Marriage - A brochure explaining the facts and myths of marital rape.
to Child Sexual Abuse In New Mexico: An Educator's
Responsibility: a video for schools in New Mexico, with an
- Responding to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Stalking: A Guide for Criminal Justice Professionals in New Mexico This booklet is reprinted annually with current
state and federal statutes, investigation protocols, statewide
resources and special sections on Full Faith and Credit, Stalking and
- Safe Strong and Free: What Can I do About
Secret Touching/Child Sexual Abuse? -A brochure for young children to
prevent sexual abuse and to assist those children who have already been
abused. (click here for Spanish version)
- Sexual Abuse of Persons with Developmental Disabilities: An Educational Guide
- Sexual Abuse of Seniors: How Can I Be Safer? - A guide for senior citizens to be aware of the possibilities of sexual abuse.
It Now! Helpline (www.stopitnow.com) - A brochure on how to get help if
you are concerned about sexually inappropriate behaviors in yourself,
in another adult, adolescent or child.
- Talking To Your Children
About Sex - How to use open discussions about sex, privacy, respect and
values to prevent the sexual abuse and exploitation of children and
teens. (Available in Spanish)
- Top Ten Important Questions For Kids - A brochure about kids rights, privacy, respect, abuse and sexual abuse.
Children’s Sexual Behaviors - A guide for children’s natural and
healthy sexual behavior verses sexual behavior of concern.